Siege Perilous Events
March 2018 MMonday TTuesday WWednesday TThursday FFriday SSaturday SSunday 26February 26, 2018 27February 27, 2018 28February 28, 2018 1March 1, 2018 2March 2, 2018 3March 3, 2018 4March 4, 2018 5March 5, 2018 6March 6, 2018 7March 7, 2018 8March 8, 2018 9March 9, 2018 10March 10, 2018 11March 11, 2018 12March 12, 2018 13March 13, 2018 14March 14, 2018 15March 15, 2018 16March 16, 2018 17March 17, 2018 18March 18, 2018 19March 19, 2018 20March 20, 2018 21March 21, 2018 22March 22, 2018 23March 23, 2018 24March 24, 2018 25March 25, 2018 26March 26, 2018 27March 27, 2018 28March 28, 2018 29March 29, 2018 30March 30, 2018 31March 31, 2018 1April 1, 2018
I have to admit, I didn’t think the Golden Tuna would draw as much interest as it did! Was it the fish itself, or the new trophies, or something else that suddenly has all Siege’s fishermen and women charging all over the ocean, complaining bitterly about giant koi?
*hides giant koi spawner behind back*
There was also a very big Big Fish in the mailbox – so I’m glad you’ve remembered that part of the competition! I started these in July, so by the end of June, this year’s winner of The Big Fish contest will be declared!
I’m not going ot announce the winner of the Golden Tuna contest until the 1st of March – so you’ve got another day and a bit’s worth of fishing! Bait those rods! Cast those lines! Throw those greater explosion pots overboard! (If only that worked!)
Now, on to March. March marks the beginning on Spring for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere, so what better fish to catch than the Spring Dragonfish! (not to mention that it looks like an orc was doing something unspeakable with a fish!)
Any caught between the 1st of March and the 31st of March are eligible! So, start cramming them into my mailbox! I really must get that thing fumigated one of these days!
Once again, we’re going to be rampaging all over the countryside, digging great big holes, not bothering to fill them in, and disturbing peaceful creatures who never did anyone any harm until we came along and whacked them over the head with a shovel!
Sound like your sort of thing? Then come and join us!
You can join in or drop out at any point – we keep going so long as we have enough people to take on the chest guardians! Hunts take place in Felucca, Ilshnear, Tokuno and Malas, and each place has its own collection of monsters. (Got to love those renegade changelings!)
Needless to say, we won’t be in a guard zone. Wandering healers will probably show up – and stop wandering – unless the EM’s attention DOES wander!
See you there!
“He’s dead, sire.”
“I see. What about Seer Pergitus?”
“Very dead, sire. They’re still fishing pieces out of the moat, sire.”
“Hrm. Peacemaker Phonix?”
“Ah, I believe he’s dead too, sire.”
“Are you sure?”
“Very sure, sire. His head was found inside his favorite horn, and inside the head, his lute.”
“So you are telling me that all our negotiators are dead?”
“Yes, sire. Well, there’s still Commander Bhaltair, sire.”
“No, no. He’s a good tactician, but his idea of negotiation is to hold a sword to the other party’s nose and start counting backwards. We need someone who can get through to those orcs without being killed, and without making the situation even worse!”
“Very well. We will send Dupre. Send word. I believe he has been frequenting the tavern in that town in Malas – Undead Workers, or some such?”
“United, sire. United Workers.”
“Good, good. Oh, and stop by the royal stockyards. Orcs like cattle – we will send them a fine tribute, if only Dupre can keep the beasts alive until they reach them!”
“Beasts? The cattle or the orcs, sire?”
“Very droll. Now do run along and carry out your orders, Spence.”
What you need to know:
- There are orcs all over the place. How exactly did you not notice that?
- There will be two goals to this mission : To take a tribute to the orcs, and to negotiate peace with the orcs.
- If you succeed, the orcs will go back to their vaguely peaceful ways.
- If you fail ,they will keep attacking.
- This will most certainly be outside the guard zone.
- Gates will appear in the usual places.
It’s been a year. Can you believe it? It seems like just yesterday that I started torturing you with Soulless Minions and insane Easter Bunnies! But, you survived. Mostly. Well, one or two of you survived. House hiders are the worst. But I’ll get you sooner or later. Nya ha ha ha ha ha!
So, yes, it’s been a year. So, here’s your chance to tell me, in person, what you think. Bring it on – I can take it. I think I’ve proven that by now.
Come along and tell me what you like, what you don’t. Tell me what you would like to see. I might not be able to do it, but I’ll certainly listen, and try to come up with some way to make it work.
Oh, and come and get a sash. I’m fairly certain there will be sashes. No – real sashes, not snakes disguised as sashes that will perma-kill your characters and give all your stuff to the last guy who insulted you in General Chat when you put them on. As if I’d do that to you!
(psst! Mesanna! Cancel the snakes!)
This event will entirely depend on how the event on the 10th went.
If you managed to negotiate peace, you’ll be finding out more about why the orcs attacked in the first place and… shhh! No spoilers!
But if you didn’t manage to negotiate peace, then you’ll be facing a lot – well, a lot more – angry orcs.
Orcs who want their homeland back. Orcs who feel that humans have spread across their land unchecked for much too long. Orcs who want their share of all the loot that’s been dropping across the land for the last 20 years… yeah, that’s a pretty angry orc.
What you need to know:
Yeah, good luck with that. You’d do better paying more attention to the 10th.
See you there!
What you need to know:
- The Siege Council is open to all. Anyone may attend.
- If you choose to attend, please note that this is a peaceful, roleplay event.
- Anyone who is not peaceful (i.e. attacking, stealing) will be thrown in the moat.
- Three dips in the moat is a guaranteed ban for the rest of the event.
- Fighting outside the council chambers is perfectly permissible, but keep it outside!
- Town governors are expected to attend or to send a representative, and provide a report.
- Representatives of player-run towns are welcome to give a report.
Asuka, you tried.
We have to give you that.
But —! !!
Siege Perilous can do better than that.
Last Saturday, Siege’s players proved it!
Asuka’s record now lies in tatters. The rightful champions have regained their crown!
With 30 players fighting valiantly for 9 hours, 275 waves were conquered.
Az in particular outdid himself, with 168,395 points!
The only thing that I, Siege’s EM, contributed was comic relief. The players of Siege achieved this through their own efforts! It was amazingly well coordinated, and hard fought!
So, please join King Blackthorn this Saturday at 3 pm EST, outside West Britain Bank, as we congratulate and celebrate our champions!
What you need to know
- We will start outside WBB, where King Blackthorn will give a short speech.
- Our champions are welcome to give speeches if they want, I just ask that you keep it to a maximum of one minute per person. Some of our warriors have short attention spans, and may go into a murderous frenzy if they have to listen to too much talking!
- The WBB shield will be updated to show the new scores.
- We will travel to the second shield, just outside Covetous Level two. This is NOT in a guard zone. So, you are invited to do one of four things:
- Come as a ghost. Nobody can PK ghosts.
- Come equipped for battle. All I ask is that you wait until the ceremony has ended before beating seven bells out of each other. If you can’t wait – well, the ceremony will carry on regardless.
- Come with nothing at all, or just wearing blessed items. You’ll probably finish as a ghost, so you may as well come as a ghost, but it is completely up to you.
- Come as you are, whatever that means for you, personally. You may be killed and dry looted, or maybe not. You may be the one doing the killing and looting! This is Siege, and those are the risks you take!
- Black Watch members, if you want to come as an honor guard, then do so, taking the 4 points above into account!
- Wandering healers, both red and blue, will be lurking around the area.
- Gates back to Britain will be available.
- We like Asuka. Really. We would love to see regular competitions. Friendly ones. And Asuka, can do it in Trammel if you prefer!
- I’m proud of you guys. You can probably tell that, but I wanted to say it anyway! Siege rocks!
“Boss, boss!” shouted one of the workmen, waving at the surveyor “We’ve got something weird here!”
The Royal Surveyor looked up from his notes, to where the workmen had been clearing the path from the moongate, ready for him to inspect it. The men were pulling some large stone object out of the ground, and not being terribly careful about it.
He walked up to it, and rubbed some of the dirt off the stone. There was an inscription or a carving there. How odd. Brushing away more dirt, a face began to appear. A brutish, snarling face, with fangs.
“Why would anyone want to carve such an ugly face?” He wondered. He didn’t have long to wonder, though. A large club struck him in the back of the head, and the last sound he heard was “Hoowaaah!!!”
The orcs were all over the survey team in no time at all. Not a single Britannian survived. The orcish war party carefully, almost lovingly, picked up the stone carving, and began carrying it away.
“Dumhed pushdug oomies! Nub ged thingys!”
What you need to know:
- You get to fight orcs. What else do you need to know?
- Oh, ok. Gates will appear in the usual places.
- Gather at the EM Hall – which is where the gates go to
- Be careful – the orcs may be gathering near the hall!